Monday, October 20, 2008

Every Little Thing

Today I was in the car listening to the ‘golden oldies’ station, and found myself singing along to a song by The Police.

I stopped.

The Police? On the GOLDEN OLDIES station?

That station used to be my guide in gauging when someone could be considered a ‘golden oldie’. If a popular song from your young life showed up on that particular station (which station was self proclaimed as ‘oldies’) then dat dat daa! That had to make you a classic as well.

Not long ago I was teasing Mom that I had heard The Who and Pink Floyd on the station. And now. Sigh.

I didn’t think this day would come for another 20 years.

Obviously I need a new litmus test. The ‘golden oldies’ station is clearly stream-lining.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Yeah, I don't think the 80's is quite "oldies" yet. Especially with how long people are living these days!

Deborah Moore said...

Hey it could be worse, I listen to Radio Disney for River. It makes me feel all kinds of old-sometimes even begrudging. Good times.