Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Great Pen Disaster of '08

It's really a shame that I don't have a picture of this.

I was in the bathroom washing my hands, when Amelia quietly raced in and made a bee-line for the towels. I turned to see what the matter was.

She had maroon sparkle gel pen on about every available surface in her mouth. All over her teeth, all over her tongue, under her tongue, above her tongue, her tonsils... every single minute spot in her mouth was covered. (Not to mention her hands).

I grabbed a washclothe and started scrubbing.

Thankfully it came off easily, and after a thorough cleansing and tooth brushing, I gave her a big drink and sent her off to bed.


Later that night when Matt got home from work the hilarity of it all finally hit me. She got the whole dang ink reserve in her mouth. I don't think she'll make that mistake twice.

Coincidentally, the pens were made in China and there was no label about them being non-toxic. YIKES. They're a reliable (?) brand, pen-tech, but maybe we'll get her tested for lead for good measure.

Kids.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Sparkle,.. glitter,.. it's all the enemy! Too funny, you definitely need to take pictures next time, although my imagination is pretty good!

Diana said...

Yikes! Too bad it wasn't strawberry flavored! I guess if it was, that would ensure more accidents of this type! :D Did she make it to the towels? I kept thinking of big maroon sparkly hand prints on towels! :D

Deborah said...

I love your post titles they always crack me up. My mom said whenever kids make a big mess take pictures. Same idea...the funny aspect hits you later. :)