Monday, June 30, 2008

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am." - Toby & Eileen Green

Last Sunday, the girls and I chose a pew near the back, set down our bag, and went to get a drink of water. When we came back and sat down, we were surprised to see that a Great Dane had chosen a seat right next to us.

!!!

The sign out front says, "Visitors Welcome." I hope this dog felt at home.

It was really good throughout the whole service. (Good thing, too. That dog was a tall as the pew. It's the second largest dog I have ever seen). It had a service dog's shoulder strap, but its owner didn't appear to be blind, although she did have a PICC line. I said hi and started to chat with her, but everyone wanted to talk with her, so I didn't find out much.

Afterwards, Brother Merrill commented on how funny it is that Ellie growls. (She thinks it's funny to growl, and it is. At least it is when she does it).

The gal next to him, Sister Hogan, said, "Oh good, I thought that was the dog!"


So, if all dogs go to heaven, does that mean they're exempt from church?

6 comments:

Karen said...

Yikes! I'm so scared of dogs. I would have had to move...to the next building over. I would have had a hard time listening knowing there was a dog in the room and it was a big one! And you just calmly smiled and said hello.

K said...

It was a very nice dog. A BIG, BIG dog, but nice.

I'm allergic to dogs, and truth be told I wouldn't really want to own one, but I just didn't touch it and was fine. (Although the thought did cross my mind that it's head was about as big as Ellie).

Betty Grace said...

Cool. See what I miss when I ditch church for another ward. I'll never miss again. :)
Betsy

wendyberd said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIR CUT!!!!

K said...

Thanks, Wendy! I've only had the same hair for what, 30 years?! ;-)

Betty Grace said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Your spider story was icky!!! How are things with you? you need a new post! :)